Laser Hair Removal:
Laser hair removal treatment is being considered one of the safest and most effective methods of reducing or permanently removing unwanted hairs from your body. However, just like another treatment method this also has many advantages and disadvantages.
It is essential for any individual to understand the positive and negative aspects of laser hair removal treatment. Each individual needs to make sure that he chooses the best and most reliable treatment.
When talking about laser hair removal treatment, there are some risk factors that disturb deep skin tone. Body tanning from the sun causes skin discoloration. Moreover, when sun-kissed your skin during vacation or summer poolside this causes huge skin discoloration. This skin discoloration causes a temporary increase in melanin.
For lasers that depend on melanin as a target, there is an increased risk that the laser light will detect that pigment on your skin, causing heat energy delivered to the skin instead of the hair.
There is a rule before laser treatment that right before your appointment you need to completely fade any tanning before any laser hair removal.
Following are the Pros & Cons of Laser Hair Removal Treatment:
What are the pros of laser hair removal?
- Laser Hair removal treatment is not a permanent solution. However, it significantly reduces hair growth. In most cases, patients won’t see any hair after months or years. Moreover, hair that grows after often is thinner and lighter in color.
- This treatment can be done anywhere in your body. The machine that performs laser hair removal is capable of covering large areas such as Legs, back, underarms, bikini line, stomach, and face. However, in most cases, there are no risks of side effects in the bikini area compared to other regions.
- Laser treatment depends on the patient’s hair type and the treated area. However, it may not hurt too much. Its pain level is minor as a lot of people do not feel anything during laser treatment. Furthermore, many technicians typically use numbing get to help desensitize the area. Patients may feel more pain in the bikini and underarm region because they are more sensitive than other areas.
What are the Cons of Laser Hair Removal?
- Laser hair removal treatment is a long process. A single session on a small area such as underarms usually takes more than five minutes or less. Furthermore, it may take multiple sessions to see the desired results. A patient needs to wait for almost six weeks between treatments.
- It’s an expensive treatment. So, a patient needs to add up more amount on razors or bikini wax sessions. Some expert suggests that it might be worth going for laser hair removal treatment.
- Laser hair removal treatment depends on the color and contrast of the skin. The pigment in the hair follicle is responsible for the laser to target hair, this works best on fair skin with dark hair. It may reduce your lighter hair, regardless of skin tone.
- Laser hair removal treatment is not a good idea if the patient is pregnant. Although laser treatment can be used to remove kidney stones and genital warts.
Benefits of Hair Removal:
Precision: Laser should be targeted to darker regions where hairs are coarse. It can cause the surrounding skin to undamaged.
Speed: Hair Removal by using laser technology is so fast that it takes a fraction of a second and it treats many hairs at the same time. Laser treat an area almost the size of the quarter each second. Sensitive areas such as the upper lip can be treated within a minute.
Predictability: The hair Removal Laser technique may cause permanent hair loss. It has an average of three to seven sessions after which hair loss appears.