Since the pandemic has hit the world, telemedicine has gained popularity. Everyone is now accepting it as an alternative to receive medical health. Patients and medical practitioners have started using remote patient monitoring services. As a result, they will not switch back to traditional medical settings even if the pandemic gets over.
In a recent study we have found that in the next five years, the Telemedicine Software Development Services in Mexico market will grow dramatically. According to EMR’s Global Telemedicine Industry Outlook, the telemedicine market would increase at a CAGR of 24% between 2022 and 2027, reaching $173 billion by 2026. Through this article, you will learn about telemedicine software functions and how it is a boon for patients and doctors.
Telemedicine: An Overview
Telemedicine is a science that integrates technology and medical science to provide remote medical care to patients. It helps the patients to communicate with the doctors when they both are not in the same room. It also enables doctors to treat patients irrespective of their location and other physical limitations. Physicians and patients can communicate with each other through audio, video calls, and in-build app text messages. The telemedicine software development services incorporate such features that allow the following functions. It provides patients with the ease that they can have virtual consultations with doctors. It saves them from long hours of waiting in the waiting room of the hospitals and clinics. Also, it prevents them from multiple contamination risks. Therefore, telemedicine software fulfills its objective of providing telemedicine apps by increasing the convenience and safety of accessing healthcare to patients. Telemedicine Software Development Services in Mexico
The Working of Telemedicine Software
The telemedicine software works in the presence of a good internet connection. The patients and doctors must have desktops or smartphones. Many telemedicine software developing companies like SISGAIN are developing telemedicine apps. These apps have various features and services. Two of the most common types of telemedicine services are:
Online appointments: Patients can book or schedule their appointments with the doctor through phone calls, chat messages, or video conferences.
Patient Portal: Patients are provided with a portal that they can use to get access to medical records, request e-prescriptions, and book appointments online. The patients can make all arrangements from home and the doctors can guide them about their health by being at the clinic.
Use of Telemedicine Applications at different places and in different cases
- Regular follow-up visits: Patients do not have to visit hospitals for regular checkups. The doctor can make a follow-up calendar. It sends reminder notifications regarding the follow-up of the patients.
- Chronic disease management: Telemedicine software for doctors is helpful for patients too especially those suffering from chronic illness as they get a cheaper and easy way to take care of their health.
- Preventive care support: Assistance with nutrition plans, weight loss, smoking cessation, etc.
- School telemedicine: It is very natural for children to become ill at school. Doctors can provide necessary information to the medical staff. Then, They can take measures to treat the child.
- Post-hospitalization care: With the help of telemedicine, patients don’t have to readmit themselves as doctors can provide remote patient guidance after they are discharged.
- Assisted living center support: The doctors and nurses can help the patient and his family member know in case the patient requires hospitalization without visiting the patient’s house.
Kinds of telemedicine software products
- Remote patient monitoring (RPM): Remote patient monitoring is the process of providing medical care through various medical devices from a distance. The patients can measure their health parameters on their own.
- Store-and-forward: This sort of software collects and analyses medical records for patients. It allows individuals and doctors to share medical information with healthcare specialists. They can make an accurate diagnosis and offer advice. In radiology, dermatology, pathology, and other areas of medicine; where the number of specialists is restricted, store-and-forward software is commonly utilized. These platforms collect vital sign data and patient history in text. They allow patients and doctors to communicate via email, phone, chat, and video conversations.
- Real-time telemedicine: These solutions allow for real-time remote interaction with healthcare providers. Calls, text chat rooms, and online video conferences are all options for patients to consult with doctors. Real-time telemedicine software, regardless of the technology used, allows doctors and patients to communicate as if they were in the doctor’s office. It stores a patient’s medical history, which the doctor can use to discuss, diagnose, and make required changes.