A QuickBooks script error occurs when you try to access a web page from the QuickBooks program. A pop box appears with the message: A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly. Such script errors don’t only restrict QuickBooks, but also cause errors on other applications that require internet access.
KEY CAUSES BEHIND A QUICKBOOKS SCRIPT ERROR
All QuickBooks Script Errors have a lot to do with the Internet Explorer Settings. Before resolving the error, check that the Internet Explorer is working properly and if the configuration is ok.
- Outdated internet explorer in use or due to a misconfiguration with the same.
- The internet explorer is already in use.
- The internet explorer has not been synced with the QuickBooks software
A QuickBooks Script error occurs when the scripting code malfunctions or when Internet Explorer Settings are misconfigured. The user can use these 6 methods to fix the error.
6 WAYS TO FIX A QUICKBOOKS SCRIPT ERROR
Technical errors in QuickBooks can be resolved easily if the user figures out the cause of them. The following methods can be applied to resolve a QuickBooks Script Error:
1. CLEAR CACHE DATA ON YOUR DEFAULT BROWSER
- Select the Tools tab on Internet Explorer.
- Click on Internet Options and go to the General tab.
- Under Browser History, click on the Delete option.
- Checkmark the options you want to delete and click on OK.
2. DISABLE ADD-ONS ON THE INTERNET EXPLORER
- Again, go to the Tools section on Internet Explorer.
- Click on Internet Options and choose Programs.
- In the next tab, click on Manage Add-ons.
- Select Disable Add-on and click on OK.
3. SET YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS TO DEFAULT
- Visit the Internet Options tab on your internet explorer.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- In the new tab, click on Reset to default.
- Click on Apply and then on OK to confirm.
4. SET INTUIT AS A TRUSTED WEBSITE
- Open the Internet Explorer and go to the Security section from the settings tab.
- Go to the section of the Trusted sites and add Intuit to the list.
- Disable the Protected Mode button.
- Apply internet explorer and check that the error has been resolved on the QuickBooks software.
5. TURN ON THE SCRIPT DEBUGGING FEATURE
- In the Tools section of Internet Explorer, go to Internet options.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Browsing option.
- Enable Script Debugging on Internet Explorer.
- Click on OK and exit.
- Restart the Internet Explorer.
6. OPEN INTERNET EXPLORER IN COMPATIBILITY MODE
- Go to the Tools settings tab on Internet Explorer.
- Open Compatability View settings.
- Checkmark the box beside Open all websites in Compatability view.
- Click on Save to apply the changes.
A QuickBooks Script Error occurs when there is an issue with the script coding system on your device. This disables QuickBooks from downloading any information from online servers. Using these methods, one can easily resolve any QuickBooks Script Error. You can also get in touch with the QuickBooks Support team if you are still facing errors like this.